PLEASE TAKE ACTION!
On Tuesday, May 21st, the Senate Judiciary Committee will begin considering amendments to sections of the immigration bill dealing with family-based visas. Judiciary Committee members need to hear from supporters of family reunification from across the country - not just those who live in their states - about the affect these amendments will have on our communities.
Please call TODAY, May 20th and TOMORROW, May 21st. On both days, Senate staff will be reporting on the number of calls for and against each amendment to the Senators. Phone numbers are below.
Tell them: “I urge the Senator to SUPPORT Hirono amendments #6, #7, and #8, which preserves family reunification. I also urge you to OPPOSE Cruz #4 and Sessions #48 amendements that would hurt immigrant families. “
Senator Hirono’s Amendments #6, #7, and #8
(Amendments #6 and #7 would retain or restore the family-sponsored visa categories for older married children and siblings of US citizens. Amendment #8 would raise the age cap of adult married children to 39 for family-based, merit-based, and non-immigrant visas).
Senator Cruz’s Amendment #4
Amendment #4 would completely eliminate family-supported visa categories for married-adult children as well as siblings.
Senator Sessions’ Amendment #48
Amendment #48 would not give points for brothers and sisters for US citizens under the proposed merit-based immigration system.
Please Tweet, Facebook, and whatever over social media outlets you have access to, these following messages:
"I urge the Senator to SUPPORT Hirono amendments #6, #7, and #8, which preserves family reunification.
I also urge you to OPPOSE Cruz #4 and Sessions #48 amendements that would hurt immigrant families.”
Please use the following handles and #hashtags:
#CIRmarkup, #SJC (Senate Judiciary Committee), #timeisnow, #familyunity.
Also, Tweet Judiciary Committee Members:
@SenatorLeahy, @SenFeinstein, @ChuckSchumer, @SenatorDurbin, @SenWhitehouse, @amyklobuchar, @alfranken, @ChrisCoons, @SenBlumenthal, @maziehirono, @ChuckGrassley, @OrrinHatch, @SenatorSessions, @LindseyGrahmSC, @JohnCornyn, @SenMikeLee, @tedcruz, @JeffFlke
If you do not have access to Social Media, please call ALL of the Senators below:
Senator Charles Schumer (NY): (202) 224-6542
Senator Dianne Feinstein (CA): (202) 224-3841
Senator Richard Blumenthal (CT): (202) 224-2823
Sheldon Whitehouse (RI): (202) 224-2921
Orrin Hatch (UT): (202) 224-5251
Senator Amy Klobuchar (MN): (202) 224-3244
Senator Christopher Coons (DE): (202) 224-5042
Senator Patrick Leahy (VT): (202) 224-4242
THE NEXT TWO DAYS ARE IMPORTANT AND WILL HAVE A HUGE IMPACT ON THE BILL!
Let’s make sure that we have our voices heard and support the amendments that support our communities!
If you have any question, please e-mail Janet Namkung, Namkung.Janet@gmail.com!
Please feel free to share and distribute widely!
- romachic reblogged this from fascinasians and added:
- callmecoco likes this
- apiece-ofmind reblogged this from fascinasians
- superphuntime reblogged this from fascinasians
- zliss likes this
- zliss reblogged this from chanclazo
- wholegrainlofat reblogged this from chanclazo
- kirbyaraullo reblogged this from likechipanddale
- likechipanddale reblogged this from fascinasians
- m-e-s-t-i-z-a reblogged this from torogozando
- franniecreamcheese likes this
- faradisee reblogged this from chanclazo
- faradisee likes this
- torogozando reblogged this from chanclazo
- neelie-hm likes this
- fuatino likes this
- kceyagi likes this
- cuntinabikeshop likes this
- kimicita reblogged this from jhameia
- tempsretrouve reblogged this from chanclazo
- chanclazo reblogged this from fascinasians
- posttragicmulatto reblogged this from solaceames
- longskirtclub likes this
- jhameia reblogged this from writersyndrome
- solaceames reblogged this from fascinasians
- writersyndrome reblogged this from fascinasians
- maasuforchange reblogged this from fascinasians
- glintglimmergleam reblogged this from fascinasians
- glintglimmergleam likes this
- green-street-politics reblogged this from fascinasians
- angryraging reblogged this from fascinasians
- fascinasians posted this